We send you warm winter greetings and hope that 2013 was a good year for you! Despite the challenging economic times we’ve experienced the past several years, we are grateful to have hosted many of you at our resort and want to sincerely thank you for staying with us.
Thanks to you, we were recognized by Conde Nast Traveler Magazine several times last year. In their January issue, we were honored to have made their 2013 “Gold List” of properties for the Atlantic & Caribbean Islands. We continue to receive rave reviews regarding our cuisine – with our chefs’ superb work resulting in our resort being rated as one of “The 35 Best Island Resorts for Food” in the magazine’s June issue (we were ranked #14 overall and were one of only two Bermuda resorts to make the list).
This year, our Cedar Room’s dinner menu will be expanded to give you even more culinary options. The evening menu will continue to change on a nightly basis, you’ll just have more appetizers and entrees to choose from than in previous years. Thanks to those of you who took the time to fill out Conde Nast Traveler’s 2013 Reader’s Choice Awards survey because in their November issue, we received the #2 ranking out of all the resorts in the Atlantic Region!
We continue to re-invest in our property so that we can offer you the very best facilities possible. Here are a few of the recent enhancements we’ve made and will be making to our resort:
- This past spring, all of our deluxe rooms were refurbished. Custom built dark mahogany furniture with sand colored granite tops were added to give our top room category a fresh new look. New draperies are currently being installed in all of our guest rooms.
- Dramatic floor-to-ceiling windows were added to our lower lobby, making our panoramic ocean views that much more spectacular!
- The Sunset Lounge and Coral Reef Café were both renovated this past year, with new interior and exterior chairs added to each area.
- Our new ATV has enabled us to keep our beach well groomed and has proven to be an effective way to remove seaweed.
- A printer was recently added to one of our lobby desktop computers, making it easier for you to print out boarding passes and other documents.
- Living on an island in the middle of the ocean has its challenges – one of them being the internet. We are happy to report that our internet access is much better in our guest rooms thanks to major upgrades to our internet system.
- We’re excited to announce that we are currently building another townhouse unit. It will have 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 bathrooms and will be located adjacent to our tennis court, on the hillside above Cuda Cottage. We expect the townhouse to be ready for occupancy by mid-April. It should be popular with larger families and couples traveling together.
Those of you who like to travel in the spring, fall or winter can take advantage of our popular “4th Night Free” promotion. Click here for specific details or you can view the information listed on our website.
Golfers will be happy to know that we recently negotiated significantly reduced green fees at the adjacent Robert Trent Jones designed Port Royal Golf Course — widely recognized nowadays as the island’s top course (home of the PGA Tour’s Grand Slam event for the last five Octobers). Our annual spring and fall season Couples Golf Tournaments and Ladies Pro-Am Golf Classic (held in early March each year) continue to attract lots of participants — many of whom return to play in the events year after year. Tournament details (click here) are listed on our website for your reference purposes. We’ll be happy to mail you tournament brochures if you are interested.
On behalf of our family and the entire Pompano staff, we wish you a happy, healthy new year! Hope to see you soon!
For more information about us, visit www.pompanobeachclub.com, email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-343-4155.